Youth In Praise (Talent Group for Children) is a multi-talented Christian performance group with members ranging from 8 to 16 years old. Since 1996, Youth in Praise has showcased talented youth from the Washington Metropolitan Area, under the direction of Mark Joyeux, as a means of ministering to other youth (especially those who don't normally attend church). We also embody a strong mentoring element to our program.
We Minister Through Our Talents: Members use their gifts of performing to minister at nursing homes, schools, homeless shelters, shopping malls, churches, community centers, parks, hospitals, police and government sponsored events, etc. The outreach of veteran members includes missionary work in hurricane devastated regions, third world countries, Europe and (war torn) Iraq.
Serving Community Youth: In addition to providing artistic expression and recreational opportunities, we network with various non-profit and government agencies, including local police departments as a means to better serve area youth, (regardless of their socioeconomic status).
Achieving Great Things: Youth In Praise members have won a multitude of competitions and awards. They have been sought after by play writers, recording executives, Black Entertainment Television (BET), Producer/Dancer/Actor Debbie Allen, and Comcast Universal. Selected members have showcased with Yolanda Adams, Donnie McClurkin, Shirley Caesar, CeCe Winans, Richard Smallwood, as well as featured in the media to include: CBS News, The Washington Post, and The Washington Times. In 2003 Youth In Praise was chosen as one of “The Best of Maryland” by Six Flags America.
Our Long Term Goals:
- Become self funding
- Establish a multi purpose recreational center for our ministry as well as youth throughout the community. This center will house a gym, skating rink, eatery, swimming pool and performance theater.
- Establish strong ongoing support program for youth of low income and or dysfunctional homes.
- Obtain building
- Establish a youth church.
Our Short Term Goals:
- Develop strong mentor program
- Provide internship program for local college students
- Purchase van (15 passenger)
- Employ professional fundraiser / Grant writer
- Recruit strong volunteers
- Develop strong public relations
- Develop strong counseling program
- Employing of our own youth
- Establish education fund
- Employ "Arts" instructor
- Employ minister of music
- Establish communications program
- Produce Youth In Praise CD & DVD (fundraising) recording projects
- Develop annual Christian teen pageant for high school girls (this pageant will provide college scholarships for participants)